- The average person retiring today earned just over $1.3 million in their lifetime, but has less than $100,000 to show for it.
- Most wealth is lost in the way people manage their spending.
- Poor spending habits are what prevent people from putting enough money into productive assets each month.
- Budgets are like diets because both require 3 things to be successful:
- A guideline where you don't have to do a lot of thinking.
- Visible progress.
- Motivation in order to change behavior.
- Imagine if there was a way to actually see what you would look like in 1 year, 5 years, 20 years, and so on. Then, imagine you were given a step-by-step guide showing you what you need to do each month in order to look like the goal? That's what WizeFi does. It can show you projections based on your spending habits and then give you a step-by-step guide to achieve sustainable wealth.
Note: if you don't know the exact amounts for some expenses, that's okay. Give your best guess and be honest. It's important to be as accurate as you can, but understand you are not entering the budget you wish you spent. You are entering the way you currently spend. We will get to adjust your budget in a later step.
Follow the instructions below to record your budget accounts:
- Click a budget category to see a list of prepopulated subcategories. If the subcategory doesn't apply to you, feel free to delete it by clicking the trash can icon. If you want to add additional subcategories, then click "add account". You'll see a list of popular examples to choose from. If you want to add a custom subcategory, then choose the "other" option. Where the subcategory now says "other" you can type a custom label.
- Enter your spending amounts in the grey fields along the right.
- Repeat this process from the rest of the budget categories.